Monday, June 6, 2011

Ski to Sea, May 27, 2011

This post is coming a few days late because the cross-country road
trip ended and we catapulted back into busy days preparing for two
weddings and our next cross-country trip, but here goes.

While in Seattle, Robert and I got to watch my brother, Ben, and his
roommate, Marc, compete in the Ski to Sea Race. It is an enormous
relay race with seven legs: cross-country skiing, downhill skiing,
running, road biking, canoeing, mountain biking and sea kayaking. Ben
and Marc did the canoeing portion of the race and took it very
seriously. (I wouldn't expect anything less from my two favorite
nortwestern mountain men.) I thought they were going a little crazy in
their preparations, decking the boat, rigging hydration tubes, adding
friction to their seats, padding the gunwhales, etc., but then I saw
their competition. Check out these boats!

No comments: